Some of the world’s best jumpers will be competing for $35,000 in prize money at the Perth Night Jump.
The second Perth Night Jump will be held on Friday 23 March, 2012, at the Burswood Water Sports Centre.
Gates open 4.30pm, and the action starts 5.30pm
Prize money: $35,000 prize pool
- Freddy Krueger, USA, men’s water ski jump world record holder 75.2 metres
- Natalia Berdnikava, Belarus, women’s water ski jump world record holder 57.4 metres
- Timothy Bradstreet (19yo), top Australian male competitor, world ranking 6th, PB 69.6 metres, silver medalist at the 2011 World Championships, 2011 IWWF Male Skier of the Year.
- Jacinta Carroll (19 yo), top Australian female competitor, world ranking 2nd, PB 54.8 metres, silver medalist at the 2011 World Championships and 2011 Moomba Masters Champion.
- Ryan Green, Australian Open Men’s Jump Champion, top Western Australian competitor, world ranking 19th, PB 68.1 metres
About Night Jumping:
Night jumping is a relatively new addition to the sport of water skiing that has proven to be a huge success in the UK and USA, and now in Australia thanks to the inaugural Perth Night Jump in 2011. Night jumping adds a new dimension for the skiers – jumping in the dark under lights is more dangerous, more adrenalin fuelled, and importantly, electrifying to watch. It is the most exciting discipline in water skiing; each competitor has three attempts at the jump ramp, with the longest distance determining the winner.
Other water ski action:
Over 50 professional water skiers will star in the pre-finals entertainment including a colourful International Show Ski display featuring pyramids, tricks, clown acts and swivels, an impressive Bare Foot display, and the Head to Head Slalom.
About the event:
- 2011 inaugural event
- 2011 attracted 1000 spectators and 50 competitors
- Organised by the Heirisson Island Tournament Water Ski Club www.hitwaterski.com.au
- Sanctioned by the International Water Ski and Wakeboard Federation (IWWF)
Prepaid tickets are $12 for adults, $30 for family and available online at http://www.perthnightjump.com, or $15 per adult and $35 for family at the gate.
The results from Perth Night Jump 2011:
1. Freddy Krueger (USA)- 66.3m
=2. Ryan Dodd (CAN)- 63.3m
=2. Scot Ellis (USA)- 63.3m
4. Guillermo Moreno de Carlos (ESP)- 62.2m
5. Kole Magnowski (CAN)- 61.8m
6. Igor Morozov (RUS)- 61.0m
7. Ryan Green (AUS)- 58.8m
8. Steven Moss (AUS)- 49.8m
9. Nicholas Wrenn (AUS)- 47.9m
10. Mitchell Cavanagh (AUS)- 41.9m